Monday, February 20, 2012

Nothing New!

Again, no news is great news.

Besides having a rib out from sleeping wrong, I'm in pretty good shape.
For the record, with these tissue expanders....there's no way to sleep right. Believe me, I try.

I'm still half side sleeping on my deflated side for now and making trips to the chiropractor often.
I have no idea how I'm going to sleep once they air me back up in March.

Today was my 10th radiation. Only 23 to go! I'm not minding the drive like I thought I would.
I can sing super loud and I have some of my best talks with God on the commute. It goes quickly.

I tried walk-running around the neighborhood yesterday. The weather was fantastic.
About one tenth into the first mile I came to the conclusion that there is no chance in hell I'm going to be able to run a 5k by July.

I should plan on bringing my dog, Cooper. At least then I would have an excuse to stop every 4 minutes. He's just as lazy and out of shape as I am.
I was thankful for the 5x he had to stop to poop on our short 1.5 mile jaunt.

We're pretty pathetic.

2 comments:

  1. Love the updates, as always :) And Angela, you still have a looooot of time to train for your 5k. Since you've been forced to be pretty inactive for so long, I honestly wouldn't even worry about running too much at this point. Just get out and walk for 20-30 minutes. You'll be amazed how that starts to build up your stamina. Once you feel like you're ready for more, I'd start with running 1 minute for every 4 you walk ... again for 20-30 minutes - and then cutting down on the ratio, until you eventually run as much as you walk. Again, you have a looooot of time to train still and want to build up slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know how you'll feel and how much stronger you'll be in July. You walked half the distance already. You don't have to be fast to finish. Sign up and still do the 5k :)

    ReplyDelete