Saturday, March 3, 2012

Update on Skin Changes

Here I am. I have 15 treatments left.
So far, it's just peely gross. It bleeds here and there but the pain isn't too bad.
I am using every cream, oil and lotion under the sun.
This is, unfortunately, what just happens sometimes.
The formed bolus that they use on me every time is what makes the treatment fry my skin so much. The purpose of the bolus is to keep the treatments closer to the surface of the skin.

It's becoming pretty hard to disguise the redness. It peeks out of almost all of my shirts. I also have stickers that I have to leave on throughout my whole treatment. The one here looks like a bullseye.
I wear this HOPE necklace, from Rustic Charm, to distract people from the sticker. :)

Here's a close up of the nastiness.

Here's my back. Part of it is exit burns, part of it is from actual radiation. They do one shot at my lymph nodes through my shoulder every day. My back is the scaliest of all. It is peeling and feels like I've been sunburned to a crisp. Now I can't sleep on my sides because of my expanders or my back because I'm fried. Good times, my friends. :)

All in all, this is a major pain in the ass....but it's not that bad.

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. You poor thing, I can't even begin to imagine the discomfort that is causing you. The bright side... only 15 left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sucks!Wish I could do it for you,Love,Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not that bad, Dad. I'm tough. <3

      Delete
  3. Oh my! That looks SO incredibly painful. On the plus side though, your new boobs look fantastic! 15 more to go sweetie-- you can totally do it. Finish line is in sight!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My expanders look nice...my actual boobs will look ah-ma-zing! :)

      Delete
  4. I had no idea that it actually burns. Guess I never thought about it though. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strong as always ! Its look so painful but surely it gets better!!!
    your doing great !! your still very lucky you dont live in a country like where I am now that the heat is sooo excruciating pain. Even my dogs and cats dont bother to go out because of the heat.
    Please keep smiling !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to tell you that you are an absolute inspiration! I found your blog on a Boston message board. Someone had posted about you and your blog and how amazing you are, and they are right! After everything you go through you say " its not that bad". You just amaze me! I love your attitude toward life and cancer, and LIFE! I know you don't need to hear this from a stranger, I'm sure you get it from friends & family, but you really are amazing!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Jennie. I love to hear from people. Can I ask what message board you found this blog on? It's always interesting to see how people from all over get a hold of my little Minnesota based ramblings. :)

      Delete
    2. The "Fake Nest Board", Randi posted about her friend Angela and her fantastic blog :)

      Delete
  7. Ugh. That does look painful but only makes you stronger, right? 3 more months til I see your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have to say that your idea of hiding it by wearing a necklace. Worked I didn't even notice it. ;) Thoughts go out to you every day. Smile daily, because you can!

    ReplyDelete

  9. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete