Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Radiation Update

Dr. Herman called today to let me know that his office is not equipped to treat me. I figured.
Although he thinks my heart is in the right place, it's also right where I need to be radiated.
At Abbott, they have a machine that would allow me to move my heart over during radiation by holding my breath.

Although inconvenient, I'm grateful for all of the options for treatments I have.

They are transferring my records to Abbott Northwestern hospital in Minneapolis and that's where I will report daily for almost 6 weeks.

I might finally get to be a really good downtown Minneapolis driver!

I will meet with my new doctor on January 30 to set up my new radiology game plan.

Until then, I should continue having my boobs filled as previously planned.

I'm going to push Dr. Migs for an overfill tomorrow. Maybe it will be my last one. It's about time to wrap this tissue and muscle stretching thing up before I really do end up looking like Dolly.

2 comments:

  1. As you know, I lived at Abbott for 10 weeks while on bed rest, and then commuted every day for another 7.5 weeks while the girls' where in the NICU. After you get used to the drive, it really isn't THAT bad ... and at least it's a nice hospital :) Be sure to ask about the discount parking packet for patients. And if you ever want to company or a driver for one of your trips, call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im free Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays- the kids have preschool ALL day...so if ever you want a little company let me know!

    ReplyDelete