Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm great!

My dad gets nervous when I don't blog for a few days. He says that it makes "my followers" worried. :)

To humor Dad, I thought I would check in and give you a little update. I've been a little MIA lately due to sick kids. It's a vicious cycle now that the kids are back in school.

I bounced back after this chemo much better than before. I was more tired this time, but the yucky feelings didn't last as long as usual. I have more energy and was able to spend a lot of time running around with my family. I hope that becomes par for the course for the next two. I have chemo again on Wednesday.
Three weeks flew by!

Currently, I feel awesome. I'm not sick. I'm not any more tired than before I was diagnosed.
I'm gaining weight, which for the first time in my life, is a good thing.
My Meal Train peeps and friends have kept me so well fed during this time. It has been sooo appreciated.

For you that aren't familiar, Meal Train is a website where you can organize meal drop offs for people in need. This can include new parents, illnesses, etc.

Mine was set up by my friends Shannon and Jill. People have jumped on board and brought food almost every Monday, Wednesday and Friday since my treatments started.
It's truly amazing.

To not have to plan meals and grocery shop as often has been a blessing. We have received awesome meals and had a chance to chat with friends when they drop them off.
I can't thank you all enough.

If you know someone in need of some extra help, I strongly recommend starting a Meal Train for them.

Thanks for your love! <3

3 comments:

  1. I started singing, "come on ride that meal train, and ride it!" a little ode to the 90's dry dance clubs baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile, Annie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for humoring me.Hope your 5th chemo(damn near done!)goes OK today.I want to be with you for your last chemo in December OK ??????????Keep the faith,Love Dad

    ReplyDelete